Published: February 6, 2016
Many people have skydiving on their bucket list, but few are aware that skydiving can be beneficial physiologically. When we are in a stressful situation our body goes into the flight or fight mode, this triggers the sympathetic nervous system which causes increased heart rate, increased respiration and activates the sweat glands. This results in the stimulation of the endocrine system which causes adrenaline to be released in the body, this in turn cause the release of endorphins, which trigger positive feelings of euphoria! This is why when you land after a skydive you are on a natural high!
What are the other reasons to skydive?
- To see that the earth is really round
- Face your fears; skydiving is an extreme activity, once you have skydived asking your boss for an increase is a breeze!
- You will make a best friend for 20 minutes
- You will never rely on a person so much ever again in your life
- This is the only time you will ever fly
- You will scream at the top of your lungs and not hear a thing
- You will never again get that feeling as you realize you are about to jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane, which means in the future you will conquer any fears you face.
- The rush you will feel in freefall is indescribable
- You will never again feel such a mix of emotions, excitement, fear, exhilaration, freedom
- You will never again live in the moment as when you skydive
- Under canopy you will feel an unbelievable tranquillity
- When you share your photo's on face book you will get more likes and comments than ever before
- Your mind will be opened in a way you could never believe
- You will get the best selfies!
The most thrilling experience!